Special Worship Services
2018 Holy Week Services
This year's special services embrace the theme of "Personal Encounters with God" and explore how the events of Jesus' teaching, suffering, death, and resurrection can help us to recognize our own encounters with God.
- Palm Sunday, March 25 (10:25 am): “Seeing and Not Seeing God: Jesus Enters Jerusalem” -- Sunday worship with special music and Holy Communion
- Maundy Thursday, March 29 (7 pm): “Moments with Jesus, Glimpses of God” -- Worship with scripture readings, special music, and Holy Communion
- Good Friday, March 30 (7 pm): “The Irony of the Cross: Separation from and Connection with God” -- Meditative service of visual images, prayers, meditations, and special music
- Holy Saturday, March 31 (7:45 pm): Great Vigil of Easter -- Worship celebrating the Light of Christ, stories of God’s power and salvation, and the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion
- Easter Sunday, April 1 (8:30 am & 10:30 am): Sunday worship including special music and Holy Communion, with a special Easter sermon, “Surprised by God: Mary Sees Jesus”
2018 Lincoln Sunday
This special service honors the legacy of Abraham Lincoln by considering an aspect of his life in conjunction with our Christian faith. It features music that would have been sung in worship during Lincoln's lifetime.
This special sermon considers Lincoln's scientific inclinations, a less-explored component of the 16th President's personality, interest, and experience. It also considers the less well-known career of Moses, for 40 years a herdsman.
2017 Holy Week Services
- Palm Sunday, April 9 (10:25 am)- Choir Cantata, Come and See His Glory
- Maundy Thursday, April 13 (7 pm) - Experience the Table, through drama, special music, and Communion
- Good Friday, April 14 (7 pm) - Experience the Cross, through images, narration and special music
- Holy Saturday, April 15 (8 pm) - Experience the Emptiness, through stories, music, and celebration of sacraments of baptism and Communion
- Easter Sunday, April 16 (8:30 am & 10:30 am) - Celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ through special music, a sermon by Rev. Patty entitled, "Restoration and Resurrection," and Holy Communion